This pocket guide is based on the PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition. It contains a summary of the PMBOK® Guide, to provide a quick introduction as well as a structured overview of this framework for project management. This pocket guide deals with the key issues and themes within project management and the PMBOK® Guide as follows:
- Key terms and definitions in the project management profession
- A short overview of the activities of PMI Inc., the organization and its standards:
- PMBOK® Guide, Standard for Project Portfolio Management,
- Standard for Program Management
- and other standards.
- The essentials of the Project Lifecycle and Organization.
- What are the key project management knowledge areas and processes?
Main target group for this pocket guide is anyone with an interest in understanding the PMBOK® Guide framework or a systematic approach for project management. The book is also very useful for members of a project management team in a project environment using the PMBOK® Guide as a shared reference. A complete but concise description of the PMBOK® Guide, for anyone involved in projects or project management.