Building and Managing Virtual teams is a special skill set that is not included in your PMP or CAPM certification. Building and managing virtual teams requires special attention to specific topics such as language, location, time zones, technology, etc.
Are you currently struggling to work within a virtual team environment? Has your employer put you in charge of managing a virtual project team—or possibly asked you to assemble one for an upcoming initiative? When it comes to things like motivation, background, and skill level, dealing with project teams that are located in the same building is difficult on its own. But adding different time zones, cultures and communication styles into the mix can make building and managing virtual teams one of the most challenging tasks in project management.
During this 16-hour “Building and Managing Virtual Teams” online course, project managers will begin with a review of the challenges and advantages involved with working virtually, including a discussion of the impact of culture. The process of creating a virtual project team is also covered in detail, along with the various steps and tools involved with getting started. And the course concludes with a comprehensive overview of managing a virtual team—breaking down topics like building trust, achieving team cohesion, technology considerations, and project communication.
In this course, students will have access to:
- 10-section interactive tutorial
- 50+ learning-based exercises
- A course blog for sharing ideas with other students
- Creation of a virtual teams ‘Action Plan’
- End-of-lesson quizzes
- Unlimited 24/7 access to all course materials
- 16 Contact Hours or 16 PDUs
No more boring online training experiences thanks to interactive sessions.
About RMC Online Courses
RMC Project Management has been teaching its innovative techniques for passing the PMP® exam on the first try since 1991.
Thousands of development hours that go into our 2-day and 4-day intensive classroom-based courses each year, are now available online (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) to project managers around the globe!
E-Learning Technical Requirements
E-learning courses are designed to be used on a desktop browser with:
- Adobe Flash® player 8 or later
- Pop-ups allowed.
- Broadband connection (recommended 512 kbps or higher).
- Intel® Pentium® II 450MHz, AMD Athlon™ 600MHz or faster processor (or equivalent).
- MS Windows XP or later, Mac OS 10+.
- Video adapter and monitor with Super VGA.
- 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution.
Online Course Policies
There are several e-Learning related policies that RMC would like to make you aware of prior to your purchase of this product. Please read each of these carefully, as these policies will be strictly enforced.
- Your Subscription Begins the First Time You Access the Course Materials - When the course is released, you will receive a second email containing a Username and Password for our e-Learning site. Your subscription begins the first time you access the course materials. RMC recommends that you write down the date and time of your first course access, so you may keep track of your account expiration. Your access to this course will automatically expire after the purchased number of days. No reminder will be sent. We encourage you to manage your time wisely and always be aware of the time you have remaining. Please refer to the appropriate product description to determine the length in days of the subscription you are purchasing.
- e-Learning Users are Not Allowed to Share Account Access - Under no circumstances is it permissible for two or more people to share the same e-Learning account. An e-Learning account is similar to a software license, in that the permission to use the service lies solely with one person. e-Learning subscriptions are not transferable, and cannot be shared or resold. If account activity indicates multiple users on one account, the account will be terminated immediately and no refund will be given.
- e-Learning Users are Not Allowed to Teach or Instruct from RMC's Online Project Management Courses - Although there are a number of people teaching directly (with permission) from RMC's PMP® Exam Prep textbook, no one will be given permission to use RMC's e-Learning courses as instructional tools for ANY REASON. Doing this is equivalent to sharing account access, and as stated above this is strictly prohibited.
- There are No Refunds Available for e-Learning - If you are unsure whether or not your computer system is compatible with RMC's e-Learning applications, we encourage you to Take This Free Sample Lesson from our PMP® Exam Prep course prior to purchasing. If your system presents the graphics, audio and video in this sample correctly, you should have no problem using any of RMC's e-Learning based materials.