PRINCE2® Practitioner is the higher level of certification in PRINCE2, after PRINCE2 Foundation. While PRINCE2 Foundation is mainly aimed at project team members, and helping them become more effective in the existing project management environment (e.g. by knowing the terms), PRINCE2® Practitioner is for project managers who are supposed to set up such a system.
Orders and Exam Process
Orders are processed within 4 working days. Our team may contact you in this period if extra information is required for your registration. Then you will be registered with the official AXELOS examination institute, and the voucher/booking reference will be email to you.
- You should have PRINCE2 Foundation, PMP, CAPM, or an IPMA certificate before taking this exam.
- It’s not mandatory, but highly recommended to take the PRINCE2 Practitioner eLearning course.
The online exam
The exam is online, and you can take it from home or office.
The following are key requirements for the online exam:
- Webcam, microphone, and speakers, for online proctoring
- Windows XP or higher, or Mac OS X10 or higher
- A web browser with Adobe Flash Player
- A reliable Internet connection that is fast enough
- A quiet room with closed doors, without related posters on walls or related books/notes on the desk, and with all radio, TV, mobile phones, and computers other than one used for the exam off
- Having a photo ID with you
- Test your system here
Detailed information on exam requirements and a test script for your hardware and Internet connection will be send to you, and our support staff will be ready to help you with all steps.
The exam format
The PRINCE2 Practitioner exams used to be essay-based many years ago, but it’s not so anymore. It’s a choice-based exam; a combination of multiple-choice questions, multiple-answer, matching, etc.
The Practitioner exam is scenario-based. Sections of the scenario are made available to you in the examination system: PDF files you can open in your computer while you’re taking the exam.
This exam is open-book: only the official PRINCE2 manual. You can use your book during the exam, as long as there are not any notes written inside. You should show the book to the proctor in the beginning of the exam.
This is the full specification of the exam:
- Objective Testing
- 68 questions, multiple choice
- Passing score: 55%
- Duration: 150 min (+25% for those who are not taking it in their mother tongue)
- Open book
Exam Result and Certificate
You get the preliminary result immediately at the end of the exam. The formal result will be emailed to you in maximum 2 weeks (usually in less than a day).
When your success is confirmed, a PDF certification will be automatically issued. The certificate is issued by the examination institute in behalf of AXELOS. AXELOS is the owner of PRINCE2, replacing OGC, the previous owner.