Stop Playing Games takes a completely different look at project management, using games like “The Pricing Game” , “Guess the Truth” and “Grapevine” to illustrate and help readers overcome organisational politics on projects.
Stop Playing Games is one-of-a-kind book from Rick A. Morris, the author of “Project Management That Works!” and “The Everything Project Management Book“. It dives deep into the topics of gaining buy-in from upper management, accurately estimating time and cost, controlling project communication, managing within corporate culture, taking care of your team, and more.
Challenges and issues covered in this book include:
- Presenting management with realistic options
- Getting your point across without confrontation
- Controlling the message and the communication channels
- Utilising honesty and trust as a project management tool
- Knowing what is under your control, and what is not
- Overcoming poor project management conditions
- Making real change happen – without taking things personally!
If navigating organisational politics is stifling your ability to effective manage projects, you need to read this book today!
About the author
Rick A. Morris, PMP, is an ITIL Practitioner, consultant, author, mentor, and creator of a non-profit foundation to promote Project Management in charities and other non-profits. Rick is an accomplished project manager and public speaker. His appetite for knowledge and passion for the profession makes him a sought after speaker at PMI chapters, various civic organizations, and a frequent guest lecturer at local universities.
Rick holds the PMP (Project Management Professional), MPM (Masters of Project Management), OPM3, Six Sigma Green Belt, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, TQM, ATM-S, ITIL, and ISO certifications.